Thursday, April 10, 2008

Everything is Beautiful

As the song that Dolly sings, "Here I Go Again" says, well, here I am again after a few days absence from writing in this blog. I haven't written because I really had nothing interesting to say. Yesterday that all changed for me. I went to Hendersonville Hospital at 7:00AM and went through all the fal-de-ral that you go through prior to getting down to the reason that you are there in the first place. After delay after delay (unavoidable I might add) I was taken to a procedure room for the arteriogram that I mentioned in one of my earlier writings. I was given some absolutely wonderful stuff in my IV that made me drift off into a lovely dreamland of oblivion and when I woke up a little while later I was told that I was FINE - well, maybe that is a little exaggerated - but nevertheless I did not need a stint nor surgery to help my pitiful, plaqued arteries, but only medication. Now, folks, that goes into the prayer journal under the column of "Answered Prayer". I will go back to my doctor in a few days to get my instructions on the medication route that I will take and I am sure that he will have some advice on diet and exercise (hate those two words). Oh, how my heart (plaqued arteries and all) did sing!

You know, I hate to have situations come up that worry my girls, but it is really nice to have them rally around and Corinne even spent the night with me and Tracey brought us dinner of broccoli/cheese soup (my favorite) and wonderful bread. I just feel so sorry for all of those women out there in the world that do not know the experience of having wonderful children - especially girls. That old saying of "a son is your son until he takes a wife, but a daughter is your daughter all of her life" and not having any sons of my own I really can't vouch for that phrase but I do know that my daughters have never let me down.

In addition to daughters being so wonderful, let me say a word about friends. I am blessed with an abundance of good friends. There again I have been told that when you die if you can count five really good friends in your life you have been blessed. May I say that I have more than five and I am really blessed. My good friend Sara has been with me through everything good and bad that has ever happened to me and I know that she will always be there. Also, some others but I won't go into that now.

I think this about sums up my situation as of today and I am so very thankful that my health issues turned out to be minimum and I can say "she lived happily ever after".

1 comment:

starr said...

sounds like great news to me, my sweet friend Patsy!!! Love you!!!!
Starr