It's Sunday night and I am tired - but it is a good tired! If you can understand that statement. My week-end has been full (so was my week) but I have laughed, cried, sang, heard corny jokes, seen people that I haven't seen in a long time and some that I have seen recently and all in all it was a good week-end. It started on Friday with my errand running, manicure and pedicure appointments, and cleaning my house - even to washing the big window in my living room inside and outside. Maybe all of that doesn't sound so inviting but I do love the looks of a house after it has been cleaned and has that good smell and that pleasant look. Even my green plants seemed to be more perky than before. I had agreed to help Barbara Lutz's children give a 75th Birthday Party for Barbara and the activities started for me on Friday night. I agreed to make chicken salad puffs for the buffet table and I began the chopping and mixing and getting ready for the task to be completed on Saturday. After breakfast on Saturday morning I began stuffing these little pastry puffs and made 150 of them, ending around 1:30PM. After a short, very short, rest on the sofa I got myself ready and all of the things I had to pack to take to the party venue, which was the Alumni House, and left home about 3:45PM. When I got to the scene of the party I found a bunch of young people laughing, cooking, moving furniture, steaming table cloths and having a marvelous time. Of course I entered the gaiety and it was a delightful time with preparations until 5:00PM when everything was ready, the musicians were in place and playing wonderful music and the birthday girl arrived. She was just overwhelmed at all of the posters, banners, music, people, food and just the whole thing. To put it all in one short sentence - the party was a huge success. 
This morning I was just plain tired. I did something that is so foreign to me to do - I skipped Sunday School. I did go to worship and then to Kim's house for lunch. She was not having a wonderful day - lots of pain today - but she was glad (I think) that I came. We had a lovely lunch and then we got down to work on two posters that I had been wanting to make for the school. One was of the graduation and one was of the golf tournament that I have written about. She laughed at my lack of skill in putting construction paper backing on the pictures. She calls it "mounting the pictures" and I am very pathetic in doing anything that requires you to get something straight on a piece of paper. It always seems to end up crooked. I think that I have never been able to see straight. Billy and I had some doozies of arguments over hanging pictures because I would tell him the picture was straight, he would hammer the nail in the wall, hang the picture, step back and scream at me because it was crooked. How glad I was to have Ray and Nita become the official picture hangers of the Cline family. They have probably saved lots of marriages.
Patrick came to visit his mother and that was a real treat for his grandmother. I just never tire of seeing Patrick or talking to him or, for that matter, just looking at him. He is so sweet and so easy to love. He is negotiating to buy a house and he is quite excited over it - excited and nervous at the same time. It is a big step for a young, single man to accept the financial responsibility and the physical and other responsibilities of owning a home. I know that he will meet the challenge, but right now it is pretty overwhelming. Several in the family have already offered to help him move and I'm sure that before it is over many of us will get into the act. I am happy to say that whenever anyone in the family needs help the other members appear and the job is done in rapid time. Patrick has helped many of his family to move and I'm sure that they will reciprocate. Anyway, we had a good time talking and visiting and I left him and his mother to do laundry, eat dinner, and do what they do every Sunday and that is to watch Big Brother.
To most of you this week-end probably doesn't sound so wonderful but to me it was great. I love parties. I love seeing friends. I love being with good people. I love talking to my girls on the phone. I love working on a project with Kim. I hope that I can remember how to finish this blog and get the pictures on it because if I can't she will shake her head and say "oh Mother - really" like she does when I forget what she told me. I love visiting with my grandson. I guess I just love life and that is something that I am proud of.
This morning I was just plain tired. I did something that is so foreign to me to do - I skipped Sunday School. I did go to worship and then to Kim's house for lunch. She was not having a wonderful day - lots of pain today - but she was glad (I think) that I came. We had a lovely lunch and then we got down to work on two posters that I had been wanting to make for the school. One was of the graduation and one was of the golf tournament that I have written about. She laughed at my lack of skill in putting construction paper backing on the pictures. She calls it "mounting the pictures" and I am very pathetic in doing anything that requires you to get something straight on a piece of paper. It always seems to end up crooked. I think that I have never been able to see straight. Billy and I had some doozies of arguments over hanging pictures because I would tell him the picture was straight, he would hammer the nail in the wall, hang the picture, step back and scream at me because it was crooked. How glad I was to have Ray and Nita become the official picture hangers of the Cline family. They have probably saved lots of marriages.
Patrick came to visit his mother and that was a real treat for his grandmother. I just never tire of seeing Patrick or talking to him or, for that matter, just looking at him. He is so sweet and so easy to love. He is negotiating to buy a house and he is quite excited over it - excited and nervous at the same time. It is a big step for a young, single man to accept the financial responsibility and the physical and other responsibilities of owning a home. I know that he will meet the challenge, but right now it is pretty overwhelming. Several in the family have already offered to help him move and I'm sure that before it is over many of us will get into the act. I am happy to say that whenever anyone in the family needs help the other members appear and the job is done in rapid time. Patrick has helped many of his family to move and I'm sure that they will reciprocate. Anyway, we had a good time talking and visiting and I left him and his mother to do laundry, eat dinner, and do what they do every Sunday and that is to watch Big Brother.
To most of you this week-end probably doesn't sound so wonderful but to me it was great. I love parties. I love seeing friends. I love being with good people. I love talking to my girls on the phone. I love working on a project with Kim. I hope that I can remember how to finish this blog and get the pictures on it because if I can't she will shake her head and say "oh Mother - really" like she does when I forget what she told me. I love visiting with my grandson. I guess I just love life and that is something that I am proud of.
No comments:
Post a Comment