A week ago today some members of the Cline Family, Kim's husband, Brad and her son, Patrick, along with some friends and Brad's parents gathered at Vanderbilt to support Kim as she went into surgery for the one thing that we and all other people in this world hate to think of having and that thing is Cancer. We did not know how it would turn out but the Lord knew and He was there in the operating room with her and the waiting room with us and the news turned out to be better than we ever expected. Now mind you, she did not get Cured on that operating table but she did get pronounced Curable. That is the way the Lord handled this and for that we are grateful. It has been a week of pain, confusion and depression. Today the doctor's office told her that she must take her pain medication every four hours without fail because otherwise the pain would get ahead of her and she wouldn't be able to catch up. So she is now taking her Percocet and also sleeping more and she will quit talking because she won't have anybody to talk to all the time, such as me. I will be going in and out to check on her, help her with whatever she needs, but mostly what she needs is to be still, be quiet, rest and take her medications. She is a good patient and appreciates everything that is done for her, but she would rather do things for herself. She has always been an independent person and would rather do things for me and for others than to be waited on. I feel that she has reached the point in her recovery process that she will move faster in her recovery if she is allowed to make her own decisions as to what she wants to do or not do. Therefore, I do not feel the necessity to write a report every night concerning her situation but I will write and give up-dates as I deem necessary. I thank you for reading this blog and passing on the information to all of the friends that have had an interest in Kim's illness. Now I ask you to continue to pray because we have a long journey and as you know journeys are always better when shared. We want this journey to be shared first with our Savior, but we also want friends and family to be there all the way. I love you for loving Kim.
No comments:
Post a Comment