Today, Monday, has been a very good day I think. When I arrived at Kim's house this morning I was carrying a warm breakfast casserole, muffins and brownies that Tracey had made for her sister. She really enjoyed every bite of that for her breakfast. I was met with the information that she had a better night than the night before and had slept better, however, she had developed a really serious sore throat. A call to Dr. Netterville's office was made as soon as the office opened and Kim was told not to speak a word today - not one word. So all day she used sign language or she wrote on a tablet. She did whisper a couple of times but that was so near to talking that she quit whispering and went back to writing. After a hair shampoo, bath and linens changed on her bed she had a nice little nap until lunch time. Samantha came and brought Mexican food from Las Palmas for lunch. Kim's part was rice with mushy re-fried beans which she thought tasted really good and ate it all. Brad and I enjoyed the Fajitas and I especially enjoyed the pastries that she brought from the Mexican Bakery. I think that the day went real well. She read her e-mails and looked at her Facebook site. She looked at her mail and she really enjoys her cards - in fact she writes the names in her book of the people that send cards. She received a beautiful bouquet of roses and daisies today from Mrs. Mildred (Maw Maw) Jackson and a really pretty vase of flowers from Brad's office. I can see that she is getting stronger each day and she gets up and walks through the house, sits at the table to eat her meals and sat on the porch this evening after dinner. She will call tomorrow to get a date for a follow-up exam with the doctor and to learn what her next step in this journey will be. Her attitude is just grand. She smiles and appreciates everything that is done for her and is just so grateful to feel as well as she does. Her previous problems, the CREST Syndrome and the Fibromyalgia, are still with her of course so that accounts for a lot of her pain and not just the recent surgery. The Percocet that she takes does help - doesn't stop the pain, but helps. Tomorrow Brad goes back to work and I bet if the truth was known he will be glad to get back into his routine. I will go tomorrow and she wants me to make chicken/dressing casserole for her. Of course I will do that. Once again I want to thank everybody that is praying for her and we know that there are a lot of prayers being offered in her behalf, which is why I can say that she is better, stronger and able to handle this mean disease called cancer. God has been with her every step of the way and we know that He will continue to walk with her until she is enjoying a complete recovery.
1 comment:
you write the best blogs!!! I love you... and look forward to seeing Kim soon!!!
much love and many prayers!
Starr
Post a Comment