Today is Tuesday, October 20th. Kim is still "snoozing" as I write this message to you. Yesterday was a good day for her. She ate her meals and her snacks and was ready and waiting at 2:30PM for Brad to come take her for her appointment with her doctor. I had written every meal and every snack that she had eaten since staying with me this past week and her doctor was impressed. She has lost about 50 pounds in the past month and, while that is good for getting the pounds off of her joints and allowing the fibromyalgia to be better, the doctor does not like to see a rapid weight loss. Dr. Murphy keeps pounding the word Nutrition to Kim. If she does not eat she will have to use the feeding tube and that is one thing that Kim doesn't want any part of. The plan that the doctor has for her is that she will see the doctor every two weeks, will enter a program of physical therapy with some emotional counseling involved and in three months she will have scans to determine the state of the cancer. The doctor took her off of her morphine and other strong medicines and pain medicine is to be used only as needed. I hope that this will clear up her confusion and inability to concentrate and focus. Maybe now she can do tasks such as organizing pictures, reading magazines, watching her favorite TV programs and just feel stronger. That is the goal now - eat, rest, get stronger! Will you join me in praying for this to be accomplished? She will stay here with me as long as she needs help with her day-to-day living and when she feels like she can "take over" she will go home and I will be in and out to help as needed. Right now she is not ready but I can see that it won't be long. We have gone through the valley with the treatments and now we are on the other side so our prayers for Kim now are that God will rid her body of the disease and give us our Kim back whole and healthy. I thank you for your prayers and I thank you for loving Kim.
1 comment:
oh my ms. patsy... this is so good to read...YOU are such a blessing to her, and all who love her.. i love you, and please give my sweet friend kim a big kiss on her cheek for me!!! I hope to get a 'flu'shot this week...
love you and kimmie dearly!!!
Starr
Post a Comment