Monday, October 5, 2009

KIM IS HERE WITH ME

Today is Monday, October 5th. I wish that I could take the September pictures off of my Blog but Kim put them on and she will have to take them off and I have no idea when that will happen. Kim was dismissed from the hospital on Friday and went to her house - very ill but so glad to be going home. The hospital stay was long and tiresome and very traumatic for her. When she went to her room to go to bed she found out that her bed was so high that she couldn't get into it. Her legs would not allow her to step on the stool that she normally used to get into her bed. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday was spent in a recliner. This was not an acceptable arrangement so now she is here at my house sleeping in my king size bed and only a few steps away from the bathroom. She has slept constantly since she arrived here at 3:00PM this afternoon. I will wake her shortly to give her the night medications and then she can, hopefully, get a full night's sleep. Today she had a radiation treatment and was given IV fluids and did not have a chemo. In fact she will not have any more chemotherapy her doctor has decided. She will continue the radiation for the rest of this week, along with the IV fluids and then we will see what comes next. She is very ill and very tired. I feel that we can work with the feeding tube and maybe a little soft foods and with good rest, plus the fluids they will give her at the hospital, maybe we can get a little strength in her. I pray that she will start to show a little improvement.
Tonight was Soccer Team Senior Night at Goodpasture. I went to the game and saw Tracey and Danny go out on the field with Courtney and be introduced along with the other 4 seniors and their parents and it was a pretty sight. Tracey didn't cry and I was proud of her (I hope that she didn't see my red eyes when she came back to her seat). I just can't imagine that Courtney could be a senior and going to graduate from high school. Seems to me like she just started Kindergarten at the Little Red Schoolhouse at Goodpasture yesterday. Oh by the way, Goodpasture won the game and Courtney scored two goals. The last goal she scored tonight made her total thus far in high school 50 goals. I am pretty proud of that accomplishment. Now we are ready for the next phase which is basketball. I will be climbing bleachers forever it seems - I'm loving every minute of it by the way.
Please keep us in your prayers because we are still travelling this long journey and God hears you and He hears us and we will make it - of that I am sure.

No comments: