Thursday, November 26, 2009

THANKSGIVING DAY - 2009

Today is Thanksgiving Day - November 26, 2009. I want to take this opportunity to say to each of you that read this Blog how much I appreciate you. Your comments to the things I have said have been so very encouraging. Sometimes I got a little "cheesy" in my writings but I do want you to know that I write from the heart. The thoughts that are put in this space are me - the real me - no phony baloney. Today I want to tell you that I have learned this past year a lot of lessons but the one that is paramount to my life is that we must, absolutely must, take each day and use it for the glory of God. We must love God, love our family and friends and never take anything for granted. Our actions are our advertisement of who we really are and, hopefully, I project the image of a woman that is so in love with life, with her Father and with her family and friends that there is no doubt about it. I have learned that it is not important what other people think or say or do as long it doesn't hurt anybody. Everybody has to live the way that they think is right for them and judging them is just so wrong, and I confess that I am very quick to judge. That is something that I am praying about and working on to correct. My daughter, Tracey, sees nothing but good in everybody. She never hesitates to tell me when she thinks I am being too harsh or critical of someone. Her sisters have always said that she is an Angel and sometimes I really think that is true. Kim has taught me and the family that, even though she is a strong person both physically and spiritually, she still needs her family and friends praying for her to give her more strength. Her attitude is marvelous and we all know that God is working right now to heal her. My complete family will be here at my house in a little while. There will be 33 people gathered in the front yard shivering and shaking from the cool wind while the photographer makes our family picture. Then we will come inside, make a circle and hold hands and pray a prayer of thankfulness and praise. After that we will do as everybody else does - eat way too much food but it sure will be good. We are going to have a double celebration today. Will Carter Routh is one year old today so we will have birthday cake, ice cream and sing Happy Birthday to this precious little boy. My wish for you is that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day Celebration and may the Lord bless you.

1 comment:

Kim Pigue said...

Mom,
You are never too cheesy for me! I love to read what you write. Thank you for making Thanksgiving such a wonderful day for all of us. All of your hard work is very much appreciated!
I love you so much!
Kim