Wednesday, January 6, 2010

MY WISH FOR YOU - HAPPY 2010

I have just finished reading my friend Beverly Grayson's blog and I am wondering how I have the colossal nerve to even write on here. My life, compared to hers is so good. However, I am living a scenario similar to Beverly's as I live through Kim's cancer journey. Each of us has our own way of dealing with life. Beverly is so strong and so dependant upon God that she appears to have no fear. I do have fear for Kim. I have fear for myself. Beverly, Kim and I all three know that God is in control. We know that we are saved so there is no fear of the after life, but we also know that our loved ones will be left with so much grief and sorrow. That is the way we are made and we are helpless to change. After Billy died I remembered what he had told me one day when we were talking, and they were the words that sustained me during the weeks, months and years after his death. He told me "I am going to die. You are going to live so you must keep on living the life that we had planned and being the person that the family and friends need you to be". I think that I have lived up to that challenge - at least I have tried.
So far, 2010, has been a good year for me. I know that we are only 7 days into the year but it has been so nice to be in my good warm house with my cat and my little "projects" that I have been doing. I am just getting started. I have made some resolutions and I intend to keep them. I did not resolve to lose weight (I need to) and I didn't resolve to do some of the things that I have resolved in the past. This year I am resolving to learn to play my electric key board that I bought a year ago and is sitting in the floor in my bedroom untouched. I am going to scrapbook the past year. First you have to organize the pictures and get them all ready by events, etc. That is my task now and then I will put them in the book with the journaling and embellishments. These two resolutions will take up a lot of the time of 2010. So now I will give you my toast for 2010. Pretend that you have raised your glass to me and this is what I wish for you:
Here's to you Dear
May you live a thousand years
Just to make things happy in this vale of tears.
And may I live a thousand years
Lacking just one day
'Cause I don't want to be here
When you've gone away.
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MAY THIS BE YOUR BEST ONE EVER.
Remember, God is good - all the time.

No comments: