Today is Monday, April 19th. The Big Move Has Taken Place!!!! I am now settled into a beautiful new home, and yes, it is beginning to really feel like home. I have to confess that as I drove out of my - excuse me the new owner's house, I felt that stab of nostalgia in my heart and the hot tears began to sting my eyes. It was a feeling of loss and a little heartache and a little sadness all mixed up together. The one thing that made it bearable to me was that the new owner has cut down some of the bushes in front of the house and it really doesn't look the same. He has also changed the color of the trim on the house and painted the shutters red so, you see, it is not the look that I have seen for the past twenty years. Anyway, here I am in a brand new, beautiful apartment that has everything in place and pictures on the wall and right now I have a pot roast cooking and the smell of that is permeating the entire place so that it really does have that "homey" feeling. The move has taken several weeks to accomplish and if I had not been blessed with my girls, their husbands and Patrick it just would have been an unbelievable task for me. That group of people descended on that house and just went to work picking up furniture, pictures on the wall, dishes that were packed, just everything that I wanted to bring with me to the new place. They worked so hard and I'm sure that each one of them has a body that is full of pain. On top of it all I bought a desk that came in three boxes of pieces and had to be assembled. That job was tackled by Danny and Wayne and now I am sitting at a cherry computer desk that is just beautiful. As I look out the window of my office I can watch people walking a track that surrounds the entire complex and some of them are pushing baby carriages, some have dogs on leashes and some are jogging in rapid pace. So, as I said in the beginning of the blog, the move has been made, the Estate Sale will be held at the end of the month and I will turn over the keys to the new owner and that will end that part of my life. I am not sad. I am not unhappy. As a matter of fact, I am enjoying the freedom that I feel here and the comfortable, safe feeling that I have when I lie down at night to sleep. I have made a big decision for my life but it is a good decision. I feel that the decision was engineered by God and it is all a part of His plan for me as I go into these, as they say, golden years. Whatever His plan is from this point will be fine with me. I have my family and my friends so I can confidently say "bring it on whatever it is" because I know that God is good - all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment