Friday, July 23, 2010

GOOD HOT FRIDAY MORNING TO YOU

It is Friday morning, July 23rd and it is another sweltering hot day. Already the temperature is reaching 90 and predicted to go to 100 today and tomorrow. Praise the Lord for the person who invented air conditioning. Now if we can pay our NES bill for the use of this convenience we will all be happy. Isn't it a fact that the things that we have in this life that are the most important to comfortable and healthy living are becoming the most costly? Groceries, gasoline for our cars, electricity, water, education, and I could go on and on. Our mothers always told us that the things we cannot avoid in this life are taxes and death and those gals sure knew what they were talking about.

If you notice my Slide Show that Kim put on my blog yesterday I want to tell you that she will be adding pictures from her computer that I don't have. They will be pictures of the family and friends celebrating events and good times in my life. The pictures of the East High people were made at a Christmas Party for the Board of Directors and also our Class of 51 Committee meetings. The group of pictures of Courtney as the Birthday Girl were made just this week as 12 members of the Cline Clan and the Wiseman Family gathered at a place called Sips and Strokes. We met there, along with 59 other people that had reservations and were shown to our table. An easel with a canvas on a frame, four brushes of various sizes and a palette for our paint were waiting for us. The picture that we painted is shown in my slide show which is a cross with the word Believe on it. What a hoot it was to watch each picture emerge from that plain white piece of canvas. Each person, following the directions of the artist, did their own work and each picture was so different. The brush strokes were sometimes so far from the artist's instruction that many laughs, giggles and sighs of frustration were heard all over the room. The artist assured us all that we would not go home with a painting that would be obnoxious ( I think she said "jacked") and promised that a jacked picture would be unjacked before leaving the premises due to the fact that they don't want to discourage anyone from coming back. We had cake and drinks for Courtney and sang Happy Birthday to her as she will be 19 years old on the 26th of the month. There were several groups of women having a "Ladies Night Out" and they had wine to encourage their artistic endeavors. I think that would have made my picture much more professional - a glass of White Zen and a project always go together well. Anyway, it was a delightful evening with my daughters, granddaughters, and Courtney's grandmother and cousin.

Kim spent the night with me after the party and yesterday we had a very leisurely day of just cooking, eating, talking and she even did some napping. It was quite relaxing and I always enjoy her company. It was too hot to go outside for any reason - even too hot to go swimming which sounds crazy but it is true. I told her that next week when she comes here it will not be a "vacation" day but a "project" day. I am going to make a list of things and we will check them off one by one.

Speaking of lists - I haven't made a Bucket List but since I saw the movie I determined that I would start me a list of things that I want to see and do before I "kick the bucket". When I started thinking about it I was considering places to travel - far away places with strange sounding names as they say. However, since that time I have decided that the things that I really am going to put on my bucket list are things that mean the most to me and involve family, friends that I haven't seen or talked to in a long time - maybe even travel to see them, and really very simple things. In fact, thinking about the subject I realize that the days come and the days go with such a rapid pace that I had better get that pen and pad out and start my list and then get up and get busy with it. Who knows when Jesus may decide that I am needed in Heaven to organize the group and plan a meeting or who knows what I may be needed for. Matters not because I will move on knowing that whatever is there for me will be wonderful because I know that God is good - all the time.
Stay cool and well and before long we will be shoveling snow!!!!

No comments: