To those of you, who know me well, you know that I love Words. New words that I have to look up the meanings and then hopefully use them in the correct form. I love to write and I love to read and I love the written language. I guess that if I have to answer to the question of "what words do you like to hear the most?" it, of course, would be "I love you". These are simple words that need no explanation. I now have a new phrase of just two words that mean more to me than any spoken or written words in any language. Those two words are "CANCER FREE. Yesterday I went with Kim to the radiation oncologist and after he did his despicable scope procedure he looked at her and smiled his beautiful smile (he is quite handsome by the way) and said those two words - Cancer Free. He and Kim did a beautiful high five smack and I looked away in order to hide the tears that were getting ready to invade my face. I believe him. I know that in the past we have heard doctors say "I got it all" and we have others to say that they are well only to have problems again. That sort of thing makes you a bit sceptical but I refuse to believe anything other than my daughter is Cancer Free. I know that prayers have been offered in her behalf every day for over a year and being the God that I serve and know is a good God, I just think that He has said "yeah, it's going to be okay". She is still suffering from the fibromyalgia and will do so probably for the remainder of her life which is not a good thing by any means, but this cancer that she fought so valiantly and the treatments that she withstood and the time that she spent in the ICU in very serious condition all are behind her now and I just want to say Hallelujah and praise God that Kim Cline Pigue is CANCER FREE.
We are going to Dyersburg, TN tomorrow (Saturday) to celebrate Cannon's 4th birthday and I am quite excited about the trip. I am riding there with Brad, Kim and Joesea. Joesea is the daughter of Patrick's girlfriend and we are quite "taken" with her. She turned five years old this week and she is most entertaining and charming. We are going to introduce her into the world of Leslie, Russell, Connor, Cannon, Cord Pigg and Corinne and Mark. She has already met Nita and her group (some of it) and also Tracey and her family so this will make her even more puzzled as to where all of these people came from and why they have Aunt and Uncle and Cousin added to their names. I am confident that it will be a cool, crisp Autumn day and when the children are riding the ponies that Leslie has for them and playing the games in the yard it will be the happiest of times for all of us. There is nothing in the world like the sound of happy children, and believe me Leslie's parties do make children, as well as adults, happy.
So, with the wonderful news that we were given yesterday about Kim and the party that I will be privileged to attend tomorrow I just need to say that Happy is what I am about today and it is all because God is good - all the time.
1 comment:
What a sweet post! I loved our time together this past week!
I love you!
Post a Comment