Saturday, May 26, 2012

SORRY FOR THE DELAY

Good Saturday Morning - May 19th.  I have really gotten lazy with my Blog and that is not a good thing.  I need to write about my life so that I can keep up with myself.  I have, actually, had a pretty busy month since my last blog.  I will get my calendar and try to reconstruct my goings and comings.  Actually, May has been a month of baseball, baseball and more baseball.  Goodpasture won the District AA Title, the Region Title and the Sectional title and went to the State tournament.  They played four games in the State and won all four so now we are the State Champions of the District AA.  Carter made All-District and made us so very proud.  He has had a good year of Baseball where he played Center Field and made some amazing catches.  He hit some home runs and at every game he played his heart out and made good plays at the bat.  I am so very proud of him.  His football playing entertained me last Fall and his baseball this Spring.  Now I can relax and quit biting my nails and having nervous fits until football rolls around again.  Carter, like his cousin Drew before him, has certainly supplied this family with lots of thrills and chills and entertainment.  I have become an avid baseball fan and I know that Billy and Mr. Cline would be so happy with me.  What a pity that Billy never got to see Carter excel in sports and also to see what a wonderful, handsome, loving grandson he has. 
I was invited to Christ Presbyterian Academy to Grandparent's Day and what a day that was!!!!  I went with Nita and we arrived at the school at 9:30am.  We went to see Ava and Anni's room where we met the teacher and the granddaughter's gave us gifts that they had made for us.  Each one gave me a cut-out profile of their head and it was framed in a clear plastic frame for my desk (where they are sitting as I write this) and they also gave me a burlap bag that they had painted with flowers and the words I Love You from Ava and Anni.  What a treasure that is.  Then we went to see Sara James' room and she was so cute showing us her desk and her teacher and all of her "art work".  Emma, being a 6th grader, took us to her home room but we didn't go to her other classes.  She was so big as she explained everything to us, all the while holding Patrick and keeping him from getting knocked down by the crowd.  Then we went to Maddux's room where he was patiently waiting for us and saw all of his things that he was proud of.  Then it was time to go to the program.  I never cease to be amazed at the talent that prevails at this school.  The children sang songs that gave a picture of a trip across America.  When they sang "Rocky Top" to  depict Tennessee we all just fell out laughing because Maddux put his hands over his ears.  He is truly a Vandy fan and will have no part of U.T.
Every year Wayne and Jacque take me to a Wine Tasting event that is sponsored by the Mt. Juliet Chamber of Commerce.  This year it was held at Nashville Shores and the booths were spread out around a lake.  It was a charming setting and all of the winery's are from Tennessee.  Wayne and I chose a peach, light wine as our favorite and he bought three bottles and I came home with one of them which I have not opened as yet.  I am saving it for a special occasion.  After the Wine Tasting they took me to a huge garden shop and bought me two absolutely breath-taking hanging baskets of flowers for my porch.  This was my Mother's Day present from them and it was certainly appreciated.  I now have the task of watering them in this dry weather and keeping them alive and pretty.  I will do my best.
On Sunday, Mother's Day, the girls and their husbands took me to Rose Pepper Cantina which is a great Mexican Restaurant on Eastland Avenue in East Nashville.  They know how I love East Nashville so they chose this restaurant to please me, which is did.  They all gave me lovely gifts and then Ray and Nita and I took a driving tour around that part of town where we had lived and contains so many memories for us.  It was a lovely way to celebrate and I loved my cards, my gifts, but most of all I enjoyed the time spent with them.  My girls are my delight, as everybody knows.
I have been saddened by the condition of my dear friend, Nancy Wray Moran.  She had open heart surgery on August 29, 2011 and did well through the surgery.  As they were moving her into a room she had a stroke that has rendered her paralyzed on her right side and unable to speak.  She seems to understand what is being said to her but she can't respond which frustrates her and causes her to frown.  She smiles when I go to see her and that makes us both happy.  However, she suffered a heart attack last week and is now in a sad way.  She has very little brain activity as evidenced by a test that was run.  She is just lying there helpless and being kept alive with a feeding tube.  She can breathe without the ventilator which surprised everyone.  She would be so much better off if the Lord would take her but obviously He is not ready for her to come home and will take her in His time, not ours.  I feel so sorry for Dicky and Little Dicky because they are just standing by broken hearted.  I am praying for God's will to be done and I know that it will be okay.
Well, that about wraps up my month of May.  This is Memorial Day Week-end and Sara is coming on Sunday and spend the night.  On Monday we are going to Barren River State Park for lunch and actually just to have something different to do and new scenery to enjoy.  I am looking forward to her coming.  We will play Scrabble on Sunday night and, I'm sure that she will beat me.  Every now and then I luck up and beat her but those times are few and far between.  Sara is such a good friend.  She is the one person in my life that I can tell anything to and express my feelings on any subject and, even if we disagree, it doesn't matter.  Everyone needs a "Sara" and I am lucky that God gave her to me for a friend.  Just another evidence that God knows what we need and will supply because God is good - all the time.

No comments: