Today is Wednesday and I am just about ready to pack my suitcase for the wonderfully anticipated trip to Pensacola, Florida with Tracey and Danny. This is our "Spring Break" and we are will be off to a beautiful condo, watching Carter and the Goodpasture Baseball Team play four games against teams we have never heard of, eat lots of fresh seafood, sit on the beach and watch the waves roll in and out against a white sandy beach, sit on the patio (or deck or whatever may be there) and read my book and talk to Bobbie Wiseman about our grandchildren, and just relax and enjoy every single thing that comes my way. We made this trip last year and it could not have been more perfect. I have no reason to think that this one will be any different. We will have some new parents in our group because some of our team graduated, but I'm sure that the new ones will be just as lovely as the ones last year. Carter will ride in the car down with us and stay the first night in our condo and then he will move and stay in a condo with the team and the coaches but we will get to see him before the games, after the games and then he will come home with us. I will keep a journal, as I did last year, and when I return I will have lots to write about. The reason I am so excited about going on this trip is that just a few short weeks ago I was sure that I would not be able to go. I was having to use the oxygen almost continually and I stayed tired and had to rest a big portion of the day. I did not feel like going anywhere or doing anything. I never knew that diet could be such a huge factor in my breathing condition but it surely was. I was told to not eat salt and only fresh or frozen veggies and a lot of other instructions were given to me. Almost instantly I began to feel well and I have continued to do so. I didn't realize how good it is to feel well after feeling so bad (crazy sentence but true). So, now that I am feeling like I used to, even with the oxygen, I am anticipating the trip and feel that I will be able to keep us with the rest of the crowd. Gonn'a give it a try anyway!!!!
I have been having a great time this past week exploring the lives of the Cline Family. Wayne Benton, who is an expert at genealogy, has traced the family back to John Peter Cline, b:1772-d:1799 and his wife, Johanna Fryberger b:1771-d:1841. The list of people is lengthy and interesting. Wayne also was able to uncover some pictures but, of course, I have no idea who those people are. He also traced my Rainey side back to Washington Rainey and his wife, Jane Richie. We can't go back as far with the Raineys as we can with the Clines. It was told to me, by my cousin when she was working on the Rainey family, that somewhere along the line it is believed that the spelling of the name was changed. Since they originated in Scotland it is presumed that the name might have been McRaney. We will never know and it really doesn't matter but it is kinda' fun to see the names and find out when they inhabited this earth. We will continue the search and find out more information as time goes on. Wayne and I are going to Athens, Alabama this Spring or Summer and find out more about my ancestors.
This morning, while walking Houston, I observed a dove sitting on the tip-top of the roof of one of the buildings here. He (or she) was cooing to the top of his/her lungs. Whoever that bird was calling should have known how urgent it was to pay attention. This month has been such a month of unusual weather that the birds are confused, the trees should be budding and the flowers should be popping up in bright colors. However, today the temperature is 48 degrees and the tree just outside my window is bare. I have seen a few buttercups blooming and I was proud of their courage to come up in this cold weather. Easter is right around the corner and I do so hope that we will have a warm, sunny, beautiful day to celebrate the death, burial and Resurrection of our Lord and Savior. When you see all of nature coming alive in the Spring and you realize that after months of everything being buried under a cold ground it all comes alive and we are blessed with astounding beauty. That is God's plan for us also. We know this to be true because God is good -all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment