Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday - 2008


Funny how life changes with age. Most of my life has been spent taking each day, living it as it is, making memories from some, forgetting others, etc. Now, at this stage of my life I savor each new experience. Yesterday, I had a new experience. I had a Facial. Now, that may not seem like a big deal to any of you reading this blog, but to me it was. It was a first for me. We all love to be pampered and that facial was the ultimate pampering. Kim's office is in a beautiful building (waterfall and pool in the lobby) and then her office has a beautiful view from a whole wall of windows. I was ushered into a room with soft music, dim lights, a robe to wear and from then on it was a delight. You can't do a whole lot with a 75 year old face that has some age spots and sun damage, but bless Gail's heart she never said a word and did a great job. What a lovely time it was and I thank Gail, Kim and Lisa for making me feel so ultra-special.

Today is Good Friday. My church has no special service to honor this day, but some of my friends will go for a time of reflection on our Lord, his suffering, his sacrifice for us and I think it is a very bittersweet time - sad and yet the story as it ends with the resurection gives us hope, courage and love. That is why I love Easter so much. Oh, I love the little children in their outfits, the hustle and bustle of getting baskets ready and all of the things that make the holiday lovely but I do love singing the songs at church and feeling the happiness that surrounds the living Christ. Our family day on Sunday will be wonderful no matter the cool temeprature and even some sprinkles that might fall.

My "to-do list" has been printed and taped on my fridge so now it is time to move on and take on this day and all that is before me. There is no way that I can mark off everything but I know that I must go buy chocolate bunnies for grandchildren and great-grandchildren, get a carton or two of "little cokes" and make sure that I have everything that is supposed to be in evidence at "Mimi's House".

Love to all and I wish for you a blessed day

1 comment:

Leslie Pigg said...

I know these four are excited to be at "Mimi's House" on Sunday! Please do not over-exert yourself...you know our huge crew will blow in and blow out like a tornado. Enjoy your Good Friday & we will see you on Sunday! Love you.