The last day of March. Where has this first part of the year gone? There was a time when only old people made that statement but lately I have heard young people exclaiming about the fast pace of life and time slipping by. Just makes me know all the more that each day is precious and needs to be spent wisely. Everybody has their own interpretation of what "wisely" might be. For Ray and me it means having time to read our Stuart Woods books and discussing our book club with each other. For Corinne it is spending time with Connor, Cannon and Cord (not to mention Leslie and Russell), with everybody it is spending time doing something with somebody that you enjoy or maybe just being alone to contemplate your life. The important thing is not to get so caught up in mundane affairs that you don't have time to enjoy the good life - smell the roses so to speak.
Yesterday I had a lovely experience. I had reported that I would be spending the day with my friend, Barbara, and her family enjoying the service of baptism for her grandson. We started out having breakfast at the cutest little restaurant on Harding Road in a little strip shopping center called Le Peep. It was so unique and the food was quite good. Then to St. George's Episcopal Church which is just magnificent in structure and in all of the amenities that make a church so lovely - stained glass, beautiful polished wood, an enormous pipe organ, etc. Quite a difference in that service and a C of C service. They baptized 6 babies and you should have seen the christening dresses - some almost touched the floor and the lace and hand embroidery on those garments was just out of this world. After all of that was over we went to Clay and Amy Lutz's house for a great luncheon. They had sparkling wines of every description, champagne, prime rib, lots of other foods and finished with a huge cake iced in white with a cross in the center. I left to come home just as the Lutz brothers and one of the priests from the church got out their guitars and banjos and prepared to "pick and sing". I hated to miss that but I was tired and ready to come home. They thanked me over and over for coming and I told them that I felt honored to have been included in such a lovely family event. I do love that family and enjoy each one of them. I hated to miss going to Clarksville to see Cord but I plan to go very soon.
I had planned to post a poem that I found while cleaning out my office, but it is a little lengthy and I have written more than enough for one day. Besides it is time for Dancing with the Stars and I want to make sure that I get to see Priscilla Presley after all of the conversation this week about her "botched up face lift" and how her mouth is messed up. I knew that she looked different but I thought it was just that stringy, maroon colored hair. Tonight I must zero in on the face.
Will do the poem another time.
1 comment:
Mimi, how are you feeling? I got Mom's email today about your heart apointment next week. Please know that we will be thinking about you!! You are always thinking and caring about others, but also remember to take care of yourself. How we love you so!!! Em
Post a Comment