Yesterday was just about the most perfect day that I can think of. Thanks to Kim and her "technical savy" I have the photo show of Cord Ramsey Pigg's birth to show you. The pictures say it all and I can think of nothing that I could add to make it any more wonderful. I will tell you that when Russell came out with that precious baby wrapped in the blanket and I saw him for the first time my heart just about overflowed - in fact it did overflow - with gratitude and love - love for Cord and gratitude to God for such a perfect little creature - a miracle before our very eyes. You will notice that there are no pictures of Leslie and that is because she was in her room in the back being visited briefly by those of us that were able to go to see her. As you might suspect, she was absolutely gorgeous lying there with her curly hair not even messed up and a big smile on her face. I was in the room when they brought Cord to her after he was all cleaned up and checked out and the look on her face as she held him, kissed him and snuggled with him was just priceless. I am so glad that I was priviledged to see this. With such a private moment in progress I slipped out and left Leslie, Russell and Cord. Now I can brag to all of my friends that I have ten great-grandchildren and then when you add Jackson Smith and Jeffrey Benton I have twelve. How about that for someone so young as I? Young - that's a joke. I feel very old this morning. Too much excitement in the last two days - the great Easter Celebration and then the birth - wow! You all are carrying me just a little too fast!
Our Easter was great. Thirty-three for lunch, egg hunt, games and fun. I'm sure that you have all seen the many postings about the day so I need not elaborate. I love our Easter celebration. When I relay the information about our day to some of my friends they are astounded. It seems that nobody in my circle of acquaintances and friends have such a loving, caring, close family as ours. There again I can give the glory to God and thank Him over and over for my blessings. I guess that I could give Aunt Ree a little of the credit because she is the one that preached "Family, family, family" to me from the time I was a little girl making all those horribly hot, miserable trips to Columbia to be with the family for every holiday or reunion. Guess it sunk in and I am so glad that our family loves to be together and, even though it gets loud and crazy, in the final analysis it is what life is all about.
1 comment:
Mom, I am so glad you posted today! I love to read what you write. Thank you also for the wonderful leftovers, they were even better than they were Sunday.
I love you!
Post a Comment