Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wednesday,March 26,2008

This day started out entirely different from any other. I went to Skyline Medical Bldg. to the Tennessee Heart office and had a "heart scan". As you may have figured out by now, Nita set this up for me and she will get the results and when that happens we will let you know what they found. I have no stress over the whole thing. I had a similar test several years ago and it was recommended that I have another to compare. When you have a heart that stays so busy loving, worrying, praying, and praising as mine does, plus having a few years on it, it is quite possible that it might be slowing down a bit. We shall see in a few days. In the meantime, we just will dismiss the thought and move on.

My days at work yesterday and today were quite busy. This golf tournament that we are going to have in May to raise money is a huge undertaking, most especially if you have never been anywhere near a golf course except the club house to buy a shirt. However, you know that a new experience and something to tackle that is foreign to me is just right up my alley. So far I have raised $1,75000 and that is quite good, I think. I also have gotten $150.00 in gift certificates for the silent auction. We were excited the other day when Andrews Cadillac gave us a Cadillac for the hole-in-one prize. I am looking for sponsors, silent auction items and anything that will make the tournament good so if you want to contribute be my guest!

Leslie is doing fine. She reports that she is a little sore, but not sick and very happy with her new son. I told her that she surely does have pretty babies. Cord Ramsey is so beautiful and so perfect. His little legs are not all scrawny and his arms and body are filled out and I think he is just adorable. I am going to Clarksville after they get home, get settled and some of the company thins out. Corinne has gone to do her "grandmother duties" and I know that they will have a fine time for the next week. I always loved the weeks that I spent being "nanny" to the newborn babies and having the good visiting time with my daughters. Ray and I always loved our night-time conversations when I stayed at their house.

Enough conversation for now, but I wanted to touch base with you and let you know that I survived the Easter Egg Day and the Birthing the Baby Day, and am no worse for the wear!

No comments: