Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Kim told me that I should write in the morning rather than night, but it is neither right now - afternoon is my writing time today. Really, I have no good nor bad news to report. I wanted today to be a day to stay in PJs and work in my office trying to make some semblance of order out of chaos. I look around and I have files on the floor, books on the table, pictures in boxes and books under the desk, just a terrible mess. Yes, that was my desire for today, but my better side took over and I dressed and went to the funeral home. How very glad I am that I did. Peggy and Linda Roy were absoutely overjoyed (if that is the proper phrase for the place and purpose of my visit) that I came. They just kept expressing over and over until it almost got very embarassing how much they appreciated my coming. Not having seen Mrs. Roy in many years she had changed from the woman that I remembered into a complete stranger, but yet a beautiful woman - very elegant, stylish and lovely. Normally I do not view remains of deceased but I had no choice in this instance because the girls were standing right there by the casket and if I spoke to them I had to see their mother. I did not stay for the service. Next stop was the cleaners, then the grocery where I purchased our Easter Ham and ran into, of all people, Sara Chauvin. We decided to go to Mason's for lunch so we each went home, put up our purchases and met at Mason's. Big lunch - chocolate pie - too much. So what do you suppose I did then? Do you think I came home and started on this room? Never in a million years - I read three chapters in a John Grisham book and took a nap. Now, however, I am in my "work clothes" and ready to start on this room. Tomorrow I am supposed to go to Barbara's house and work on grants for the Frist Foundation but I have already decided to beg off of that and work on my room until I go to Donna's to get my hair cut and permed - and not a minute too soon because my hair is a constant problem these days. I had intentions of running out to the shopping center today but after I stopped at the Shell station and paid $3.19 for a gallon gas and it totalled up to $40.00 I decided to come home and put my car in the garage and combine the shopping center with another errand out that way. With the price of groceries and the price of gasoline compared with my pitiful income I have decided that I will be forced to eat less and walk more. Hey, maybe that is the answer to my weight problem. I must get busy now and while I work I will listen to my music selections. Aren't I a lucky woman to have this lovely home to work in on a blustery, cool day like today and have this means of communicating with my favorite people? God is Good! Love to you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have loved reading about your past few days! Man, you are on the go more than all of us combined!! I wish I could have your energy! I was like you today and just wanted to be at home, but I am looking forward to my Spring Break next week. I am so glad that you have started this in order to keep up with you and all that you are doing. Love you lots!! Emily
Post a Comment