I'm sure that you have all heard the song 'A Baby Changes Everything". That particular song is referring to Jesus, but during the times that my family has been together during the holidays I realize more and more that our babies do change everything - they change traditions, they change attitudes, they make everything better, brighter, happier, and they represent the future. As I have watched the great-grandchildren (10 of them) interacting with each other I know that the future of our family is in good hands. I see love for each other and their parents and grandparents and great grandparents. They will hug each other for no reason and pat on each other with great affection and it just pleases me no end. Don't think that they don't wrestle and tumble around on the floor a lot and they are loud and boisterous and even crying some, but by and large I believe that they are a splendid bunch of children and I am so very proud that they are mine. I am just so very sorry that Billy is not here to witness these occasions and see the children. He would be so very proud also.
Today was the Cline Reunion. Forty one people gathered at Jimmy and Judy Cline's home in Greenbrier for a lovely lunch and visit. How good it was to sit in a room full of people that have so much in common. Many stories were told of past events and memories were shared by each generation. Ruth and Charlie Cline would have been so pleased to see their children and the offspring of those children bonding with such love. If there is a way for those in heaven to see us on earth there was a lot of smiling and happiness there today.
Christmas has come and Christmas has gone and I enjoyed it so much. In spite of the uselessness of this right arm I managed to make the chocolate covered cherries, the crescent cookies, the spiced tea for my children and grandchildren. With help from all of my girls and Danny my tree is the prettiest that it has ever been. I have enjoyed many hours of lying on my sofa watching Christmas movies and looking at my tree, my mantle and my wise men. I do love my decorations. I did not have any parties this year but I did attend quite a few. I just wasn't up to entertaining but you can bet your best hat that next year I will be in better shape and ready to cook and be the "hostess with the mostest".
The poetry books that I gave my great-grandchildren was something that I had wanted to do for a long time and, in fact, started several times and abandoned the idea. With Kim's help and creative flare they were published this year and I was quite proud to present them on December 23rd and the Cline Christmas Party. As I told the children they won't care much for them now but their mothers will care and someday they will also. Just a little something for them to remember me by when I am not here - sorta' like the little cokes and a few other things.
I have written too much and Corinne will tell me so, but you know me - when I get started I never know when to quit. Just let me say that I thank all of you that have helped me this Christmas to be able to say that this was a great Christmas and I loved every minute of every day and night and every time I was with my family and friends it was a precious gift and I am grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment