Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Two Miracles in Two Days

I never cease to be amazed at the wonders that our God bestows on us. It is such a shame that I did not stop and "smell the roses" when I was younger, however at that time in my life I suppose that I was so busy being all things to all people that I didn't have time. That is another story for another time.

Today I will tell you about two wonders or miracles that I was privileged to observe in two days.

First, I visited with my new great-grandson, Will Carter Routh, yesterday. I wanted to introduce myself to him and meet him in person. He is truly one of God's miracles. The tiny hands, the tiny ears, the perfectly shaped head, a covering of light (almost red) hair, a tiny perfect little nose and, oh my, those rose bud lips that made you just want to kiss them. He never really opened his eyes but pictures show me that he has large dark eyes. When I held him in my arms he was so light in weight but looking down at him I saw a beautiful baby that will soon be big, active, moving in all directions and probably running as fast as he can to escape the wrath of big sister, Anni, or big brother, Maddux. I just fell in love with him at first sight - quite like I have with all of my great-grandchildren.

Secondly, this morning I made my raisin toast and got my cup of coffee and sat down at my kitchen table to enjoy breakfast and read the paper. When I looked out of my big window that faces the east my breath was taken away with the beauty of the rising sun. It was as if God had turned on the light and it was so bright and so orange with touches of yellow and pink and I just could not take my eyes off of it. As with all sunrises and sunsets they only last a few seconds and then are gone but I must say that it was amazing while it lasted. I hope that everybody that reads this blog today will have experienced this miracle as I did. Of course, you have to get up at the crack of dawn like I do and maybe some of you are later risers.

Today is one of those days that I feel as if my cup runneth over.
Love to all - Patsy/Mom/Mimi

No comments: