I wanted to share a funny story with you today. My name causes much conversation and attention among people that I meet or come in contact with. Today I went to Kroger to pick up my prescription. I went to the counter, made my purchase and left that area. I had my basket and was shopping way in the back of the store when over the loud speaker that you could have heard out in the parking lot a voice said "Patsy Cline please come to the pharmacy". Then, as if that weren't enough he repeated it. Two little women standing by the orange juice section looked around and I heard one of them say "let's go up front and see Patsy Cline. I have never seen her but I have heard her sing". The other one said, with a giggle, "okay let's go". I pushed my cart as fast as possible and got to the counter, apologized to the nice young man for running away without my pills and turned around to see the little ladies standing behind the "Slim Fast" display. I smiled my broadest, most dazzling smile and went back to my shopping. I have no idea where the went or anything but I can imagine the story they told when they left that store.
My morning had been pretty hectic and it was such a blessing to find humor and fun in such a little incident. Life can get so heavy sometimes and just when you think you will explode here comes an event to ease the pain. So it was for me today.
No comments:
Post a Comment