I read with glee and laughter Kim's post today concerning The Bachelor program. I concur with her feelings and, frankly, I was through with that show when Travis and what's her name from Nashville broke up after all that carrying on while on the program. I did check back in for all the drama that Kim described in her blog and all I can say is "wow, what some people will do for 15 minutes of fame".
But my post today is all about WONDERFUL! Little Mary Hollis Maddux came a week ago today and being a beautiful, healthy little girl just filled my heart with joy. I suppose that you realize that she makes my 13th great-grandchild - Christopher, John Ed, Mary Hollis, Emma, Ava, Sara James, Anni, Maddux, Will Carter, Connor, Cannon, Cord and Jackson. How's that for a heart full of sunshine? When I thought of great-grandmothers in the past I pictured an old wrinkled woman with old hands, big tummy, joints that hurt and don't bend well, moving slowly around the house and now I think "holy smokes that is me!" However, I feel young inside and if my body would obey my mind I would be some sort of gal. It is such a warm, fuzzy feeling when I am in a place where all of these little ones are singing, dancing, talking, and even scuffling around with each other. They are truly a delight to me and I am proud to be Great-Grandmother Mimi or GrandmaMimi or whatever name they have given to me.
Speaking of sunshine (I did in the previous paragraph), I just came back into my house from being out in my yard. Oh sure, there are sticks and limbs and dead leaves, etc all around but in the midst of that were buttercups blooming their little heads off - big ones, miniature ones and they are so sweet and so pretty. I cut enough to make some small bouquets for my coffee table and my kitchen table. I will enjoy them until they decide to drop their heads and shrink. They are just like having a ray of sunshine inside the house. The sun is out today, the air is warm and the breeze is easy and light. What a glorious day. The Lord is in his Heaven and all is right with my world. Maybe the country is in disaray and maybe we are all struggling with this hateful economy and all that is happening but just remember the Lord is in control and He will take care of us if we can just let Him. I am notorious for giving him my problems as I drift off to sleep and then grabbing them back to worry over in the morning. But not today. Today I will say "this is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it".
Welcome to my world, Mary Hollis, I cannot wait to meet you.
No comments:
Post a Comment