Sunday, May 10, 2009

BLESSINGS TO ALL ON MOTHER'S DAY

Today is Mother's Day. I'm sure that you have read Kim's Blog and know that I was celebrated in the most eloquent way that can be done. It was a wonderful, relaxed, happy bunch of "Cline Girls" that gathered at Mimi's Cafe for breakfast. We were seated at a very comfortable table, a beautiful geranium plant had been placed as the centerpiece (I still don't know who brought that) with a big balloon flying overhead announcing that this was "Mom's Table". Now, how can anything be better than that? If you are a mom you know that the best time in a mother's life is when she can sit among her precious children and listen to them, look at them, admire them and just plain old love them. If you had walked by that table you would have seen by my expression that I was doing just that. They gave me a whole carload of plants for my porch containers and today I will receive a picture of all of us to be framed for my bedroom wall, where it will be the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing at night. A constant reminder that I have daughters that love me and that I love with all my heart.

I always have a bit of sadness in my heart on Mother's Day as I think and reflect on my own mother. She has been living in Heaven for 21 years now and there has not been one day in those 21 years that I haven't thought of her, remembered some of the things she said to me or taught me and wanted so badly to call her on the phone (227-0664) and tell her about her granddaughters or their children and families. She was privileged to see all of them marry and she attended the graduations from high school and Tracey's graduation from college and sometimes it was quite an effort for her to go but she was determined to savor all of the highlights of each child's life for as long as she could. Maybe that is where I inherited some of my determination to go and see and enjoy everything that is happening with my family. If it is, I' thank her because every day and every event is a blessing for me.

So, I say to all the mothers that might read this blog that I salute you because being a mother is sometimes a huge job but the rewards are worth the effort so just keep on keeping on and when you reach the elderly stage of your life you can sit back, smile and say "thank you Lord for giving me these wonderful children because I am truly blessed".

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: