Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kim plus prayer equals a winning combination

Kim's blog this morning says it all and I really am not going to reiterate all that she said. The announcement of her impending health problem is, to say at the the least, devastating, gigantic, frightening, and shocking. Kim Cline Evans Pigue is my best friend as well as my daughter. She has been there for me, done so very much for me, gone the "second mile" for me for many years. Now, is my chance to turn this situation around and be there for her. That won't be a difficult thing for me to do because, you see, she is more fun to be with than anybody. If you haven't witnessed her humor and her bizarre comments then you have missed so much laughter. This month - May 31st to be exact - Kim and Brad will celebrate their 7th anniversary. I do believe that God sent Brad to Kim 7 years ago to be her partner in situations such as the one she has now because he gives her the most loving, caring, confident attention to every need that she might have. If we can all maintain the positive attitude that Kim has since receiving this diagnosis we will all master this illness with success. She told me the other day "I've been in bad scrapes before and it turned out okay and so will this". This little gal is tough but she has the the most important thing on her side and that is her love of her Lord. She has a personal relationship with God and that will hold her up as she travels through this journey. Many people are calling Kim to say that they are praying for her and she loves to hear this. I have a CD that my friend, Sara, gave me and the best song on the record is "Somebody's Praying me Through". It says that "it might be your mother, it might be your dad, it might be an old friend that you forgot you had, but no matter who some body's praying you through". That is exactly what we are going to do for Kim so everybody just get on your knees and let's get busy praying her through this mountain that God has put before her.

2 comments:

Kim Pigue said...

Thank you Mother for being my biggest fan, my cheerleader, my best friend, my example! I love you more than you could know!
Kim

Anonymous said...

you two are sooo sweet...Patsy... I would not have taken anything to have been in that doctors office with Kim on Tuesday... I feel that is where I was suppose to be... Kim is my dear, sweet, kind, give you anything you want or need kind of person I have EVER known....I love her dearly... and pray for her...Starr