These past two weeks have been "something else" for me. Too much - too fast - wow! I have been to five schools to attend their Awards Assembly to present scholarship certificates for the recipients of our East High Scholarship. Some of the assemblies are so dignified and so quiet except for clapping for the person getting the award. Well, let me tell you that if you ever go to East Literature Magnet School take you some ear plugs because those kids over there are doing some serious celebrating. Anni's graduation was precious. Connor's graduation was precious. I went to Maria Donald's graduation yesterday. She is my friend Sara's granddaughter, and she was home schooled from the the 8th grade to graduation. I didn't know it but there is an association of home schools and they had a combined exercise. There were 80 children graduating. Maria was the Salutatorian and she gave the Invocation and the Salutatorian Address. She missed being the Valedictorian by 2 points. We, then, went to her graduation party at her aunt's house that included dinner, graduation cake, presents and mostly family. I enjoyed it very much, but I am thoroughly worn out with schools, awards, graduations and broke from buying presents. While all of these events were taking my time and energy came the worry of Kim and when you put it all together it spells T-I-R-E-D. However, as quickly as I get tired I get over it and am ready to go again. The phone calls, the e-mails, and the personal hugs from people that I meet concerning Kim and her health issue have just been astounding. There is no doubt that news travels fast in this day of technology. People from far and wide are praying for her and for me and for the rest of the family and we are so very grateful. It is amusing sometime when someone calls about Kim and then tells me all about their health problems or their uncle or aunt or whoever and I end up saying "goodness gracious my dear, I'll pray for you." It just goes to show that problems are no respecter of persons and when the Bible teaches us that it "rains on the just and the unjust" we take courage in knowing that God has His hand on everybody all the time. Today is Lauren's birthday and Kim, Lauren and I went shopping for some things that she needed and then we had a nice lunch, complete with the guys at Red Lobster singing Happy Birthday. She is 18 today and I hope that she can realize what a blessing she has in Kim and her Dad. This next week will be a good week because Kim will be going to Dr. Jim Netterville and I know that he is the best doctor in the world for the kind of problem that Kim has and I know that he is the sweetest doctor in the world and I know by the way he took care of Billy Cline and me that he will be the best doctor to take care of Kim. That appointment will be my "biggie" this week and I am so happy that there are no more certificates to present nor graduations to go to or punch and cookies and cake to eat. Looks like some of the people would crank up the grill and give us a steak, or at least a barbecue sandwich. Oh well, such is life.
No comments:
Post a Comment