Just wanted to share something with you this morning. During my Devotional time this morning I found a new verse of scripture that jumped off the page of my Bible and spoke volumes to me. Isn't it amazing that a person can be sitting in a swing on a porch in the stillness of the morning, drinking a second cup of coffee while trying to make sense of her world and all of a sudden God just says to me, "He has put his angels in charge of you to watch over you wherever you go"(Ps.91:11). So I will just pass this message on to Kim and the rest of my girls as we travel through this "C" journey with Kim. It gives me great pause for comfort to know that I have an angel all my own following me around and if He does this for me then He does it for everybody. I laid my book down for a minute and when I picked it back up the page flipped over to Romans 8:35 and I read that nothing could separate me from the love that Christ has for me. Hallelujah!!!
Yesterday I had made plans to go to a baseball game and spend the night with my daughter. As I was riding in my car running errands it just came over me that I didn't want to go anywhere except home. I wanted to be in my home with my cat and just reflect on what I have almost forgotten and that is to "be still and know that I am God". Seems like for so long I have been so involved in so many projects with so many people doing so many things that I just need to sit down, and listen to where I should be and what I should be doing. No, my dear children, I am not "depressed" or "disturbed" or any of those physical things that you may think. I am just "getting a grip" and it feels good.
Well, it is Saturday morning and I am ready to go check my plants that are blooming their little heads off in the containers on my porch and see which ones need attention. I am going to work to finish my 2008 scrapbook so that I can get into 2009. I am going to write some notes and address some cards and then I will tackle the impossible task of putting Front Line on my cat. I may have to call Sara for help on that job because he has a very determined mind of his own when it comes to medicine. After all he is 14 years old, big and fat, and just wants to do his own thing. Hey, that sounds a lot like me if you add 61 years to the age.
Carpe Diem to you all with love.
No comments:
Post a Comment