I haven't written on this blog in quite a while. As a matter of fact I haven't done much of anything in quite a while. As you know, and as everybody knows. when you become a mother one of the responsibilities that comes with that position is to "fix it". Maybe it is a boo boo on the finger that is held up and needs Neosporin ointment and a band-aid, maybe it is a bloody nose that needs a cold wet rag and a few minutes of time, or maybe it is a break-up with a boyfriend that needs some arms to hold and a shoulder on which to shed tears - whatever the case may be moms are supposed to be able to "fix it". When Kim was diagnosed with that dreaded C word I realized that I just can't fix it. So, I took to the sofa - wrapped up in a soft blanket and just slept and wept and did nothing. I cancelled appointments that I had. I let phone calls go to the answering machine. I would go sit in my swing for hours and do absolutely nothing. Boy, was I in the bluest funk. All of this time, however, I was praying. I prayed for Kim to have complete healing. I prayed for me to have strength and guess what.....I woke up Saturday morning with a completely new attitude, a stronger body and mind and it was like I had the promise that is given in Isaiah 40:29 "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak" It goes on to promise that "we will soar on wings like eagles and will run and not grow faint." Prayer answered. Hallelujah!!! So now that I am back into the land of the living I am still distraught that I can't fix it, but I am here for whatever service I can give. A tube of Neosporin and a band aid won't fix Kim's disease but God is up there in Heaven with the biggest old tube of love and grace to pour on her and that is what will "fix it".
From reading Kim's blog this morning it sounds like those girls of mine sure did have a great time last night - dinner, flowers, bracelet and I can imagine the talk, talk, talk and laughter mixed in and also some tears. They really enjoy being together and even though it take a lot of planning to make everybody's schedule fit the event they manage to do it and the effort is worth the work. They needed this time together, sans Mom, and they really celebrated Kim in a huge way. I will go to Kim's house today after Bible Study and eat the leftovers, see the flowers and admire the bracelet.
This will be a busy week. Lots to do because on Sunday Kim, Patrick and I will head to the beach for a few days of sun, fun, and all the shrimp in Destin.
Carpe Diem with love to all
2 comments:
I wish I could just hug you right now. I still remember when you fixed me up. I fell on my bike and skinned my knee so badly and you cleaned it and doctored it and I thought you were an angel.
I will pray for your angels to keep you in their grace right now.
love, Rosie
All I will say after reading your latest entry is "THAT'S my mom"! You always taught us when the chips are down, you gotta suck up and get tough. Right? I love you bunches.....Corinne
Post a Comment