
I can hardly make myself believe it, but my granddaughter, Courtney, is really and truly going to graduate from high school a year from now. I knew it, we have talked about school and college interests and other related subjects but, today, it became a reality. Why? Because during a casual conversation with Tracey she told me that she was trying to get away from work to meet Courtney at the studio for her senior picture appointment, and if I wanted to observe to feel free to come. At that moment it didn't register to me that this was a special event so I really didn't listen to the directions nor the photographer's name. Then, as if a light went on in my head I wheeled my car around, got on the road to Hendersonville and began to call to find out where to find them. I made it after several wrong turns and attempts to find the studio. I am so glad that I did. I was privileged to see Courtney in the drape picture and two of the casual shots. There were many photos to be taken - a couple of casual outfits and even a soccer uniform (complete with soccer ball). I have no idea when they finished. The thing that made this so special to me was, not just that this is the beginning of a lot of really special events that will take place in the next year even though that is important. The most special thing about it was watching Courtney and Tracey interacting through the entire process. Courtney, even though she appears to be very independent, and she is, really relied upon her mother's opinion of her hair, the way her blouse looked, was her jewelry okay and many other small things that showed this very special bond that the mother and daughter share. That is what is most important. The bond between mothers and daughters is such a beautiful thing. I have some friends who are not bonded in love and respect and admiration for each other and I have to say that I feel very sorry for them. I know what people say about me "you never had a son so you just don't know " and they are correct. Maybe if a son had been born to me I would be just as close to him. I just know that my mother always said that the adage of "your son's a son till he takes a wife, but your daughter's your daughter all of your life" hangs pretty true for most of the women with sons that I know.
My daughter, Kim, will be having surgery in a couple of days and I wish that I could swap places with her. However, that is not the way it will be so I will just have to hand her over to God and He will take care of her during the surgery. Then, I will go and take care of her during her recovery and it will be a labor of love. Actually, it will be just a turn around of favors - for many years she has taken care of me, my wants, my needs and sometimes anticipated my wants and needs before I did. During the time that she will not be able to communicate on her Blog I will post daily information here so that everybody can know how she really is. So, if you will just log on here I will keep you up-to-date as best that I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment