I regret that I have been so remiss in writing on this blog to inform you of Kim's recent developments in her cancer struggle. The truth of the matter is that I have been pretty burdened and when I am of that disposition I, more or less, retreat into my silent world. Kim had a meeting with her Radiation Oncologist this past Monday. He was very direct and gave her all of the probable side effects that will occur as she gets deeper into the treatments. I noticed that he didn't say might happen but he was sure would happen. It sounds horrific and enough to absolutely scare you to death. Along with the radiation treatments that she will have five days a week for seven weeks she will also have chemotherapy. The plan will be that on one of the radiation days she will have chemo also. He stressed to Kim that no matter what the circumstances she must not miss a single treatment. She cannot call and say she is feeling too bad to come because she must come anyway. Mandatory consistent attendance and a diet of nutrition are absolute musts during the seven weeks. Even with a throat so sore, that exceeds any strep infection, she must eat. The alternative to that would be a feeding tube which Kim would do anything to avoid. Looks like Ensure, Boost, Milk Shakes and other things may be on her diet list in the future. I told Kim to "let's wait and see and cross all of those bridges as we come to them". It is so easy to become overcome with worry, fear, and discouragment when something so gigantic comes into your life. That is when the power of prayer takes over. The Bible teaches us that "you don't receive unless you ask" and I claim that promise. I hope that you who are loving Kim during this journey will claim it also. I must, and you must, keep saying "God is Good" and answer with "All the time", believe it and say Amen.
On the subject of food and diet let me say right here that the meals that have been brought to her each day have been outstanding. Kim is so very appreciative of the fact that she doesn't have to think about what to fix or summon the strength to go into her kitchen and prepare food. Even making a turkey sandwich is a big job for her. Brad and Patrick appreciate the efforts of bringing the dinner to them also. The blessings that have been poured on Kim and all of her family have been legion and we will never be able to thank everybody individually so please allow me, at this time, to say that The Cline Family is so very grateful for your love, your concern for Kim, her husband Brad, and Patrick. It is with the help and prayers of you, our friends and family, that we will be able to weather this terrific storm in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment