Thursday, August 6, 2009

REMEMBERING

The headlines on Good Morning America today included the fact that 64 years ago today America dropped the bomb on Hiroshima, Japan and shortly afterward the war ended with the surrender of Japan. What a horrendous occasion that was. Of course, we had no TV to show us but when we went to the picture show (that is what we called Movies then) we were shown in the News Reels the devastation that occurred from that event. I do hope that nothing like that will ever happen again.
That was something that captured the headlines all over the world. The event that captured the Cline Family headlines today is that 11 years ago Billy Cline left his family and friends for a better life that does not include bombs, devastation, pain and suffering, just peace. He left us to remember him and remember him we will. As a matter of fact, how could we ever forget him? There will never be another Billy Cline. I think about all of the changes that have taken place right here in his family and then also the changes that have taken place in the world in 11 years. Can you just imagine the opinions that he would have expressed on some things? I will not go into the particulars because I would not want to dare guess how he would have reacted to some of the world, state or local political affairs, even though I have a pretty good idea. I can guess how he would have loved to see the growth and successes of his family. It would start with the marriages of Chris, Drew and Emily that he missed and continue right through all of the graduations, the births, the Grandparent's Days at schools, the birthday parties, the baptisms and dedications, and I could go on and on and on. Can you just see him now sitting on the porch on Easter Sunday watching all of those precious great-grandchildren hunting eggs or playing games? What about Christmas when they recite the scripture of the birth of Jesus? What do you think he would say about Courtney graduating from high school this year or Carter pitching a baseball game? When Christopher sings Dynamite I can see him grinning from ear to ear. All of these things just bring delight to my heart. Yes, time has moved so fast and so much has happened - good and bad - but that is what he talked about before he moved on. He told me one day "I am going to die very soon, but you are going to live and you need to do all of the things that we wanted to do" and I think that means living every day to its fullest capacity and giving praise to God that I was blessed with such love for many years and continue to be loved by all of the family that he was so proud of and that he loved with all of his heart. Do I hear an Amen?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN from Daughter #2!

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister! I hear you. Warren's Father passed on the same day in 1982. He also was a wonderful Christian man. We miss him dearly. I think of Kim daily and pray that she is doing better. We have tried several times to visit but she hasn't felt like it. Continuing to lift her up in prayer that she will get stronger each day. I am going to be out of town for a couple of weeks but on return want to help with food and transportation to treatments. Please call me for anything at anytime. Love, Freda 417-4417