It is Sunday afternoon. A very hot, sunny, beautiful day - a day to stay in the air conditioning and read a good book, take a nap, think about the worship service that I attended this morning and even write on this blog. I am so fortunate to have a minister that delivers a message of interest, inspiration and causes much speculation on the "state of my soul". When Aunt Ree was asked by her minister of the condition of her soul she was quick to say "it is well". I still smile when I think of the day that she said that. Oh how wonderful to be able to say it is well. Today my soul is well, but my heart is hurting. Tomorrow is the day that Kim starts her treatments. It will be a long, miserable day starting early and ending late. Blood drawn and tested. Radiation treatment given by a big ominous looking machine. Being hooked up to an IV that is pumping a chemical into her body to kill the cancer cells and while doing that will wreak havoc with her precious body. I look at my arm where I am wearing a purple bracelet bearing the words KIM Jeremiah 29:11 and I know that God does have a plan for her. I don't know what that plan is nor why the plan includes this sorrow that I feel, she feels, her husband and son feels, her sisters feel and her friends feel but I just know that many prayers will be offered tomorrow, many purple bracelets will be gracing many wrists and He will give us all peace and strength. Even though it takes all that I can muster to say it today, I will say "God is good, all the time". Amen?
No comments:
Post a Comment