Friday, September 25, 2009

CLINE FAMILY NEEDS PRAYERS

Tonight is Friday, September 25th and I thought I should catch you up-to-date on Kim and others in our family. Today they removed the ventilator that has had Kim so upset for two days. She had a time of pain in her abdomen today that concerned the nurse and she gave her pain medicine and because the pain made her blood pressure rise they gave her some medicine for that. She is very nervous and has a lot of anxiety. She has a frightened look on her face and I don't blame her. I would be frightened too in ICU with so many lines running into the IV pole and being probed and picked and checked so much. However, I must say that her care has just been excellent. A nurse, Lindsey is her name, sits right outside the door to her room and watches her every movement through a big glass window. She is checking her vital signs and doing whatever she can to make her comfortable all day long. She will not be there tomorrow and I hope that the person that takes her place will be just as good as she is. She did tell me that Kim is going to get another unit of blood in the next day or so. I think she has already had two or three. They are trying to raise her blood number from 24 to 30. I really don't see her going back on the floor to a room in the next day or so but you never can tell. They may come in tomorrow and move her. I really hope that she stays in ICU because the constant attention is wonderful.
Connor Cline Pigg is in the Dyersburg Memorial Hospital with pneumonia. He was admitted Thursday and was to go home tomorrow but the last I heard he will stay another day. Corinne drove down this morning and will be there until Sunday. Leslie said the first time Connor has smiled since he got sick was when Coco came into his room. They are really "buds" those two.
Carter Wiseman broke his wrist and two fingers in the football game Thursday afternoon. He has the two fingers taped together and a splint on his arm. This will be the scene for him until the swelling goes down and then he will have a cast.
Can you believe all of the stuff that is going on in this family? I was lying on the sofa watching the Goodpasture/Lipscomb game a while ago and I just thought my oh my it was only yesterday that Patrick was playing football on that same field and Carter was a little boy - too little to play football, and Connor was not even here and Kim and I was driving to every country town in the state to see Patrick play and life was just so very different to what it is now. But you know life takes some paths that we would rather not travel and then again we are so blessed to have all of the family that we have to share these burdens together until we can get back on the good path again. God is travelling with us and we know it but as the old song says "life gets tedious don't it?" Please stay with us in prayer and ask God to give us all strength and peace as we take each blow that comes at us. Thank you for loving the Cline Clan.

No comments: