Monday, September 14, 2009

MONDAY MORNING

For some reason my computer never seems to get the date right on my blog. I think that it is because I write late at night or sometimes during the night so don't pay any attention to dates, etc and I will try to say what day I am writing. Right now it is Monday morning at 7:10AM. Yesterday, Sunday, was just a delightful day spent with Kim. Corinne and I went over there in the early afternoon and she was in good spirits, not sick and very happy to have us there. Corinne had been in New Jersey opening three stores so she had lots of funny, interesting stories to tell. I made Kim two scrambled eggs loaded with cheese and she ate every bite. She had a few bites of some homemade bread furnished by Anna Huffine. That was all of the food that she ate which, as you know, is not nearly enough. She will have to deal with her nutritionist this morning because she is supposed to eat and drink lots more than she is doing. However, I just don't think I could make myself eat either if my mouth was in the shape that hers is and if I had no appetite and no taste. Actually, she does very well under the circumstances. Corinne and I did a little "housework" and Kim was a great supervisor of our work. It was just so heartwarming to see her sitting in her lounge chair, hear her talking in a stronger voice, see her eating her lunch (even though she really didn't want it) and just enjoying us being there. Today, all of that may change because even as I write this message she and Brad are on their way to Vanderbilt for blood count check, radiation treatment, visit to the chemo oncologist and she may even be given a chemo treatment today. She calls this her "long day" which means she will be gone until noon and if she gets chemo she will be there all afternoon. I have asked our Lord to sit right with her at the hospital and give her the strength and peace to handle whatever they decide to do. In the meantime we will bask in the delight that we had with our precious Kim on Sunday and remember her darling sense of humor as she directed us in our tasks. We had some really good laughs and that is a good thing. Today we need lots of purple bracelets to be seen and lots of prayers to be said, and I thank you for that.

No comments: