Today is Halloween - Saturday, October 31st - and it is a perfect day for Spooks. Rainy, leaves falling as fast as rain drops, dark and gloomy. All I need today is a costume and I would be in step with the day. Well, in my pajamas, sitting here at my desk drinking coffee and listening to the dismal news on TV I guess you might say I am in "step with the day". This has been a very confusing and sometimes wonderful week for me. My last post told you that I got sick and Kim went home. You might say that the situation hasn't changed but really it has. Kim is at home and is doing WONDERFUL. She still has friends to come and visit her each day but she is not dependent upon sitters to be with her every minute. She is so much stronger. She can make herself some lunch or breakfast, if necessary, and she has been reading all of her mail - really catching up on all of her wonderful cards that arrived while she has been so ill - and she has called some of her friends on the telephone. Patrick comes each afternoon to visit his mother and they watch game shows. Kim still doesn't like to watch a movie or some program that requires concentration, but game shows are fun for her. She will go to two doctors this week, Dr. Murphy (the oncologist) and Dr. Miller (primary physician) and it will be interesting to see what these two professionals have to say about her condition. She is not using the feeding tube at all and is eating regular meals. Some foods have either no taste or a peculiar taste and some even have a good taste so experimentation is the answer to that. I have not seen Kim in person since she left here Monday because of my illness but her voice on the phone is much stronger and she sounds more like my Kim than she has in a long time. I, on the other hand, am mending much too slow to suit me. I am better. In fact I was privileged to have a most wonderful night on Thursday night. Wayne and Jacque took me to the Hermitage Hotel for dinner and to the theater to see Little House on the Prairie. This outing had been planned for a month and I was so afraid that I would have to miss it, but I did get to go and it certainly was a "night to remember for all time". I have always been a fan of that TV program and it was a marvelous rendering of the stories that were told on TV for those years. The young actress that played Laura Ingels is so talented and I predict a long and successful career for this young woman. So you see, things are better than some of my previous posts and it gives me great pleasure to be able to allow you to see that your prayers and love for Kim has certainly made the difference in her condition. We still have a way to go on this journey and I ask you to stay with us through this good time that we are having now because we may have some bumps in this road in the future. We are still traveling and it sure is lovely to know that our God and our friends are right here with us. Today is a day for me to say real loud and clear "God is good - all the time".
No comments:
Post a Comment