Wednesday, October 28, 2009

KIM AND ME

Tonight is Wednesday, October 28th and I have just finished watching Funny Girl for the umpteenth time and, yes of course, I ended up crying as Barbra Streisand sang "Oh my man I love him so". No rhyme nor reason to my thinking - just that I do love that movie and I love her singing and that song reminds me so much of Billy. Anyway, enough of that. Kim is at home, and I mean her home. She came back to me on Sunday afternoon to spend another week and, of all things, I got sick on Monday and Brad had to come get her. My problem turned out to be a sinus infection and the doctor gave me a shot and an antibiotic and something for the cough and I am so much better tonight. However, I got so sick so quick and so scared that what I had was contagious and the thought of infecting Kim made me a crazy woman. I cried like something nuts and ran around with a mask on (had to look like a Halloween Spook) and vinyl gloves on my hands and disinfectant wipes for door handles, the telephone and everything that Kim might touch. She left and Tracey was here and I just completely had a big old "come apart". The next day Paul took me to the doctor and I have taken my medicine, rested on the sofa with lots of water and orange juice and I think that all of it has really put me back on the road to health. So Kim has been at her house enjoying her bed, her TV, her computer, opening her mail and sorting it in stacks and calling people on the phone. In other words she is just doing grand. I was talking to God last night about it and I am always quick to tell Him that I really don't understand His plans but I know that He has a plan for us. It was pretty clear to me that His plan for my getting sick was to give Kim a chance to see if she could stay in her house where she really wants to be. She is not alone because there are people staying with her each day helping with her food, etc. But for the most part she is showing a lot of strength and interest that she has not displayed in a long time. Of course, she is welcome to come back to my house if she wants to when I am over this stuff that I have and when I get my house completely covered with disinfectant and other cleaners. She may decide that she can take care of herself and if she does then I will help her by going over there and doing whatever is necessary. The bottom line is for her to be feeling better and to be content and happy wherever she might be. She deserves that and hasn't felt well or been happy in so long. As I said earlier God has a plan and like the saying goes "we don't know what tomorrow holds but we know who holds tomorrow". Do I hear an amen?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! I love you Mom and I'm so glad you are on the mend. #2

Anonymous said...

Get well sweet Patsy.
I love you and you can hear a "AMEN" shouting ovver here too!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!! Hope you feel well soon to ms. Patsy!... and I got my flu shot... so I will soon be on the list to stay with my friend!!! Love to you all!!!
Starr
xxx