Wednesday, October 14, 2009

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME TONIGHT

It is Wednesday night, October 14th. Any other night I would be in bed snoozing away, but not tonight!!! This has been the most spectacular, wonderful night that I have had in such a very long time. My daughters and I planned to meet at Hermitage Steak House for dinner for my birthday and at 6:00pm my friend, Sara, came and picked me up. We arrived there and I walked up to the girl at the desk and said "we will have a party of five (should have said six) and I don't know if the others are here yet or not". She informed me that they were not but she would go ahead and seat us. She led the way to the back room and I stopped at the entrance to take in the scene. There sat the people that I love the most smiling and yelling surprise to me. The room was full, 29 people to be exact, and my girls with their husbands and all of my favorite people from Lee Company were there to celebrate my 76th birthday. Debbie Stinson had coordinated the party with Corinne and it was just perfect. My cake was a white cake with a pudding layer and iced in butter cream icing with "Happy Birthday to Patsy 75 + 1" on it. There was a huge arrangement of flowers for me to take home. I just felt so special and I just had to stand up and make a little speech to let them know just how much I loved each of them and what they mean to me and have meant to me for so many years. The only thing that was missing was my Kim. She was surprised to hear that we had such a big party. They had not told her about it and she was so excited for me. She and Brad sat in the living room while I opened my gifts from the family. Speaking of gifts - every gift I received was just magnificent. One of my cards had the following verse on it and I think it is worthy of being repeated here:
"I think it's true what they say, Life really is a journey
and it's not always easy to know which maps to trust
or what to pack for the trip.
But whatever the weather, wherever the road leads,
I think the best possible traveling advice would be this
Bring a friend".
That speaks of life with friends. You can never have too many friends to travel this road of life with you. Of course, I have said many times in this Blog and in conversations, my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren are God's greatest gift to me.
Today I turned another year older; a new page to start another year, and I humbly admit that I am so blessed. More than I deserve for sure. God is good - all the time.

No comments: