When I was a little girl I had an uncle whom I adored and had much influence on me then and even now I am still under his influence. One of the things, among many, that he said to me was "if you have something of substance to say then speak but otherwise you would be considered unimportant if you deliver yah, yah talk that has nothing to report". That is the reason I haven't written here on this Blog lately because I had nothing new or interesting to report. I'm not so sure that I do today but I just felt the need to connect with my "Blogging Friends". Truth is, I have been just reveling in the beautiful days of colorful trees, warm weather and being so thankful that my life is going so well. Now, the days have begun to be cooler, the leaves are on my yard instead of my trees, clouds have replaced the sunshine and that makes a difference in the way I respond to the days. Now, instead of cleaning out closets and washing windows I am playing Christmas music on my TV and reading books (2 books last week) and, of course, running the errands and going to basketball games to see Carter and Courtney play at Goodpasture. Today I am cooking Meals on Wheels at church and then going to Kim's for lunch.
Now, enough about me, let's move on to Kim. She has had two really good weeks of going out for meals, doing some shopping and taking care of business at her house. This week she has had a sore throat and headache and hasn't felt as well. She does not have symptoms of the flu - just the pesky sinus/cold thing. I think that maybe she should stay in out of crowds for a while. Those crowds in the restaurants and stores carry germs that she can pick up very easily and would have a hard time losing. I asked her yesterday what she would like to have for Christmas and guess what she said? "Good Scans" was her answer. Made me very teary and my answer was "I know you will get that in January, but what about something that can be wrapped up and put under the tree?" Quite naturally she is anxious about the scans and the same goes for all of us that are waiting for the verdict as to her condition after the treatments but I am going to encourage her to put that aside for now and go for a super Thanksgiving and Christmas celebration. Will you join me in praying for this for Kim? Will you give her the words of Paul as he spoke to the Philippian church when He says "Be not anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your request to God" Our request is that Kim will be cancer free. I believe that He hears our prayers and he has brought Kim through all of the terrible things that she has endured these past months so we know He is traveling with us on this journey. I still say with loud conviction God is good - all the time.
I am not convinced that my uncle would think this Blog had "substance" but I wrote my thoughts this morning anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment