Thursday, November 12, 2009

HAPPY DAYS

Tonight is Thursday, November 12th. I will start this writing by wishing my first born grandchild, Chris Maddux, a Happy Birthday. I will never forget the morning that Nita woke us up to tell us she was ready to go to the hospital. Of course, Billy and I had to go with them. Things were different in those days. You didn't go into the "birthing area" with the mother, you waited in the waiting room, and then you saw the baby for the first time through a glass window. As you might suspect, both sets of grandparents and others were pressing our noses against that glass to look at that baby. Yes, of course, he was beautiful. He was gorgeous. He was everything that we had prayed for and it was a wonderful, happy day for us. He has never failed to bring me joy and love every day of his life and my love for him is endless.
This week has just been so perfect. Starting out in Dyersburg at Leslie and Russell's house, the weather has been so wonderful - warm, sunny days, trees bursting with color, and I have been with Kim three days of the week. Monday I took lunch and went for a visit. Tuesday I took her to the doctor and we had lunch afterward with Corinne and Tracey. Today she and I went to Target to shop and she rode in the motorized shopping cart and bought half of Target. I thought we would never get all of those sacks in the trunk of my car. We had lunch at the Cracker Barrel and she enjoyed her food and ate it all, which for her is quite a feat. We came to her house and Patrick met us to carry the packages into her house. I tell you all of this because this is Kim that I am talking about. My Kim who has been so sick. Who has had no desire to leave her house. Who stayed in her room unable to concentrate on a TV show or look at her computer messages or read her cards and other mail. This week she is smiling, her attitude is sweet and she is enjoying life. We have had such a good time and I know that God is in His Heaven smiling on her and encouraging her. Prayer is the answer. Just like the song I told you about in one of my blogs "It may be my mother, it may be my dad, it may be an old friend I forgot I had but whoever it is I'm so glad that somebody's praying me through". Thank you from the bottom of my heart for praying her through thus far. We are not finished with the journey yet so please don't stop praying. We are waiting for the day that the doctor says "you are cancer free". Won't that be a glorious day? God is good - all the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God. WE ALL love a good report! You have such a wonderful way with words! I love you!
Samantha

Anonymous said...

thanks be to God... I enjoyed pampering her today (Friday)!!! I love you!
Starr