Today is Sunday, November 8th. I have just returned from a most wonderful two day visit to Leslie and Russell's home in Dyersburg, TN to attend Cannon's 3rd Birthday Party. What a delightful time I had. The weather was perfect. Hard to fathom a day in November where the children could play in the yard without a sweater and even get hot from running and swinging and jumping. Leslie had planned, worked, decorated, cooked, and made everything just as a "Martha Stewart Party" would be, except Leslie's was better because it had that personal touch that only a mother can give her child on his birthday. The theme was motorcycles and they were in evidence in abundance from balloons shaped like motorcycles to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut in the shape of motorcycles. It was just a precious party, a precious collection of people and most certainly a precious memory for me.
I did not see Kim over the week-end but I did talk to her on the phone. She is stronger, she is better and she is making progress. That is not to say that she is ready to take on the world because she is still weak, still has pain, and still has no taste for food. But she must eat to maintain her nutrition so that she can avoid the feeding tube that still lurks like an enemy for her. She has chosen to stay by herself during the daytime and she is reading messages on her computer, watching some TV, checking her mail and resting when she feels the need. The only problem with this is that I don't think she is eating enough. When I was "in charge" I made breakfast, lunch, dinner and had supplement drinks twice a day and cups of pudding. She is far from this schedule. so the old saying that "mother knows best" comes into play here as far as I am concerned. However, we will do as we always have and always will - hang in there and do the best that we can and pray for success. She will be recuperating, gaining strength and will have scans in several months to assess her condition since the treatments. As I have written in this Blog many times in the past few months, please continue to pray for Kim, for Brad, for Patrick, for me and for the rest of the family as we wait for the tests to tell us that our Kim is cancer free and her health has been restored. I love you for loving Kim.
No comments:
Post a Comment