Monday, January 18, 2010

LET'S CELEBRATE KIM TODAY

The country is celebrating a birthday today and calling it a holiday. The one that they are celebrating is Martin Luther King. Today I am celebrating a birthday and calling it a holiday and the person I am celebrating is Kimberly Dawn Cline Evans Pigue!!! This is a red letter day on my calendar because Kim has certainly lived a life to be celebrated. I will give you the "story of Kim" in a few words.....On a Saturday night, January 17, 1959 I planned a party for some friends and also some family members. I had worked hard all day long making a huge pot of chili, a salad and brownies with chocolate icing. Nita and Corinne had "helped" me and we had a great day. I was 9 months pregnant and big as I could be but felt wonderful. Sometime in the afternoon I began to have a few little pains run across my body but being so busy I paid no attention. Billy came in around 5:30 from the Jarman Shoe Store where he worked and began helping me put the finishing touches on everything. By this time I was pretty sure that I was not going to be a very good hostess for the party. The guests began arriving and so did the pains. We cut off the stove and Aunt Ree came to take care of Nita and Corinne and the party moved to St. Thomas Hospital. Yes, everybody went to the waiting room to play cards, eat Krystal hamburgers and wait for this baby to be born. I, on the other hand, was carted off to the labor room, given a shot and went into la la land. The next thing I knew many hours had passed, it was now Sunday morning and I was presented with this beautiful little 8 lb. baby girl. The boy that I had been expecting that was to be named Kevin Ramsey was now a girl with no name. Later she was named, taken home to be adored by everybody that came her way, spoiled by the nurse, Nannie Brown, that came every day, and most especially spoiled from day one by Uncle Pat. We always said that Kim was born in the midst of a party and has been partying ever since. I can say this about her and have said it in previous Blogs she is, and always has been, a delight to my life and I thank God every day for her. Last night her sisters, our friend Sara and I went to Cracker Barrel to share a meal with her and just looking at her with her blue, blue eyes and her blonde hair and her sweet smile made my heart sing with joy. This will be a big week for me and the rest of the family. Not only will we celebrate Kim's birthday we will celebrate her victory over cancer on Thursday, the 21st. Many prayers are being offered for this day and right now I ask all that might be reading this Blog to pray extra prayers for Kim so that we can get this season of her life behind us and move on to bigger and better things. This can happen and it will happen because I know that God is good - all the time.

No comments: