To those of you who have been checking this site I want to apologize for being absent for so long. However, it was not my fault. My computer decided to go through the "change of life" and dismissed a lot of my sites. Also, according to my computer literate daughter, Kim, I had an attack from a virus that she managed to clear out but some damage was done that she couldn't correct. She has consulted a computer "fixer" and he will be here soon to do a complete job on my computer. In the meantime I was able to get into the Blogspot today so I will write quickly before something else happens.
I'm sure that you are wondering why Kim and I are pictured with Beth Moore on this blog and I will tell you that yesterday was such a big day in my lifebecause of Beth. Kim and I went to LifeWay Book Store in Cool Springs and bought her new book, "So Long, Insecurity", stood in a line with hundreds of other women (and a few men and children) for an hour and a half and finally reached the place where she was signing the books. We had been informed by the people at LifeWay that she would not be able to pose for pictures, make conversation or anything and that we would move along quickly so she would be able to make her next appointment. That proved to be very far from the truth. She was beautiful, very petite, gracious and interested in whatever any of us might have to say to her. I have taken many of her Bible Studies and, in fact, am doing one now that is called "Breaking Free" which is a life-changing experience. I told her and she was interested in my impression of her studies. It was a wonderful experience and I had a wonderful time. Of course I talked to one of the women in the line and almost feel like she is a friend even though I don't know her last name. Kim was in such unbearable pain and how she managed to stand for that length of time I will never know except to say that her determination and tenacity just never ceases to amaze me.
After we left that venue we drove to Brentwood to a restaurant that we both love - Puffy Muffin and had a wonderful lunch, discussed the whole morning and rested until we were ready to move on. Kim had an appointment with her physical therapy therapist and we went to Vanderbilt for this activity. I watched her go through her exercises to loosen the tightness in her neck and to strengthen her back and neck muscles. She was given a printout of exercises to be done at home which I hope she will do. I know, from past experience, that it is easy to talk yourself out of doing exercise unless you are in an structured environment.
There has been so many things going on in my life these past weeks that I am dizzy from just thinking about all of it. First, I had decided that I would sell my house and downsize in the near future. Before I could digest that thought my preacher sold his house, wanted to be in my neighborhood, liked my house, made an offer, I accepted and we signed the papers. Then we had to wait for an appraiser to come and tell us more about the money part. She came this week and we will hear next week how her figures compare to ours and then we will go from there to continue the negotiations. That is where I stand on the house deal as of today. I have found an apartment complex in Hendersonville that meets my needs and is very new, pretty, convenient to everything, affordable and I plan to make application there when the house is a "done deal". I haven't done anything toward cleaning out this house that contains 20 years of "stuff". That thought makes me want to just go to bed, cover up my head and sleep through it. What a job that will be. This place has been a wonderful home for me and for Billy and for Aunt Ree as long as they lived. Since now that it is just me I have faced the fact that I should make some major changes in my life and move on. That is what I intend to do. I believe that God has put all of this in my life. I was so nervous over everything that was happening so fast and I spent several days worrying, crying, lying on the sofa doing nothing but thinking about what I was doing and then one day as I was crying I began to pray about it. I turned the entire thing over to God and told Him all about the situation. Isn't that just like me? I had to inform God like He had no idea what was going on in my life. Well, after that session with Him I have had peace and contentment that everything is going to be good and I am going to be okay. I will keep you informed as I move from the life as I know it now to the life I will have in a few months. As I have told you many times - over and over as a matter of fact - God is good - all the time. Do I hear an Amen?
No comments:
Post a Comment