Thursday, March 11, 2010

CLEO AND I HAVE SEEN BETTER DAYS

This morning I can hear my Aunt Ree's voice as she would say on very rare occasions for her "I don't have time to be sick". That is my cry today because I really do feel so very bad this morning. On Monday I saw a doctor and my condition was described as sinus infection, given an antibiotic and pills for the constant cough and told that if I wasn't better in a few days to come back. If it wasn't storming like crazy I probably would go back today because I'm sure not feeling a lot better. I'm in a huge mess here at my house - or rather the house that has been sold and I am renting. Tops of closets have been cleared and boxes of items are in the bedroom, the hall and now that some shelves have been emptied the dining room table is covered and most of the dining room floor. I have got to get boxes and put these things in boxes. One question - where do you put the boxes once they are packed?
On top of everything else, my darling cat, Cleo, had to have surgery yesterday. He is fine. It was just a little tumor that had to be removed and after the sedation wore off he is okay. He had a bath and looks quite super this morning. One funny thing, however, he seems to be hoarse because when he Meows it croaks. I laughed at him and told him that he and I were just a big old mess - me coughing and sneezing and him croaking and sleeping. Can't win for losing I told him.
Are you a "list maker"? I have a friend, Barbara, that used to make me fall over in laughter when we worked together because she would come into work with her yellow legal pad with her list. It would begin with eat breakfast, take shower, dress, drive to work, lunch, call so and so about whatever, and on and on until go to bed. She would include time for reading several chapters in a book or listening to a certain CD or just everything. She would refer to her list off and on during the day and for the most part followed it. I told her that she was suffering from dementia and this was her way of hiding it from others. We don't work together any more but the last time I was at her house there was that yellow pad with her day's list on it. Since I have started this moving activity I think that making lists must be a pretty good way of staying on course. I have always been a "do whatever needs to be done at the time" sort of gal, but with the month edging toward the end and the next month coming up that will be full of a busy schedule I am beginning to see the reason for making lists. Oh well, in a couple of months all of this turmoil that I hate will be over and as Nita says I will be on the "other side" of these issues. I can tell you that I welcome that day coming. I keep telling myself that it appears that God has orchestrated this whole selling-moving project and the smooth way that it has all gone makes me think it even more so I will just do the carpe diem thing and know that all will be well. After all isn't it I that keep saying "God is good - all the time"? Yeah.

No comments: