I looked at the previous post and realized how long it had been since I had written. Well, here I am and I have so much to tell you today. This is Thursday, March 4th, and between today and April 17th I will be making a new life for myself. My house sale is closed. The business part of the sale is completed. Now, for the part of packing up this place, and moving to my beautiful new home. I went by yesterday and as I drove in the complex I got very excited. However, I could not remember where my particular apartment was located. How's that for pitiful? Anyway, I found it, and rode around for a while and came away ready to get busy with the tasks that will be before me.
Last night I went to my Bible Study, "Breaking Free", which I have told you about and I really do feel that it was meant for me to be in this study at this time in my life. I suppose that God knew that I wasn't breaking free very well when I kept having these tearful "come-a-parts" each day as I was thinking about leaving this home that I have loved for so long. It was a lot like my mother and her house and her attachment to that little house on Rudolph Street. I would get so aggravated with her when she would go on and on about her "place" as she called it. When she went to Florida to stay with Ronald every time I called her she would not say "how are you?". She would say "have you been to my place and is everything okay"? I am not that bad but I can, at least, be a little more tolerant with her obsession with her home. A house is a house - it is the people that live there that make it a home and when Billy and Aunt Ree lived here and the children came and the grandchildren came that is what made it great. I'm confident that I will be okay with leaving when the time comes. In the meantime I have so much work to do that it just overwhelms me.
Today my East High Scholarship Committee met to study the 29 applications that we have received from students that are graduating this year from their respective high schools. We looked at each one and paid particular attention to the grades, extracurricular activities, their reasons for wanting the scholarship and the financial need of the family. I just wish we had the money to give an award to each one because each one is deserving. I am so proud to say that my Courtney applied and her credentials are excellent. I will have to excuse myself from the committee when the time comes to give the awards but I do think that Courtney is a good candidate.
I don't do Facebook, and I am probably the only person you know that doesn't, but Kim has a story of her luncheon today with Courtney and Patrick. Being a Senior, Courtney is allowed to leave campus for lunch and Kim and Patrick treated her to a lunch at a Japanese restaurant. I didn't get to go and I hated to miss it but they had a wonderful time. Kim has always thought of Courtney as her daughter because Courtney loves beautiful things, expensive things and all the "girly" things that Kim loves. I'm sure it was a delightful time for all of them. I think that we all want to claim some of Courtney's time because before we turn around twice she will be in her car on her way to Knoxville to enjoy all of the things that the University of Tennessee has to offer. Believe me, she will take advantage of everything!!! I am very proud of Courtney because she is, not only, a good student and athlete she is a lovely Christian woman who loves the Lord and has a wonderful testimony to that fact.
I was privileged last week to go to Greenbrier to see CPA play basketball and get to see Drew coach his team. Also, I got to spend some quality time with Tara, Emma and Ava. That was really a treat. Drew's team lost the game by 4 points and ended their season which made Emma dissolve into tears that only her daddy could stop. She rode back on the bus with him and I thought that was such a precious sight as they went hand in hand to the bus.
Enough of this rambling. If I would write more often I wouldn't write so much. I'm quite sure I will hear that statement from Corinne. I will try to do better, but in the meantime please indulge this tired, old woman as I drone on and on.
No comments:
Post a Comment