Monday, April 26, 2010

PRAYERS ARE NEEDED

Today is Monday, April 25th. When I started this blog the purpose was to up-date you on Kim as she travelled through the dreaded disease of cancer. After I told you that the doctor has pronounced her Cancer Free I just got all into ME. Whatever made me think that you would be interested in what I did as a child or thought or anything else was really strange for me to do because I am not an I-ME person (don't think so but maybe I am). Anyway, I want to give you a few words on Kim today. She is managing extremely well for the shape that she is in. Maybe I can explain it to you. As you know she suffered terribly with the pain of fibromyalgia before the cancer, along with a condition called CREST Syndrome. Either of these two illnesses would put most people down but then came along the cancer diagnosis and the focus on that became the primary thing in Kim's life and in my life. Now, she is trying very hard to live a normal life, a good life, with her husband, her son and her family. She goes to two Bible Studies, the grocery, takes care of her house, cooks dinner almost every evening and took a very active and important part in this gigantic move that I made recently. In addition to all of that she is the "Beloved Aunt" to all of her nieces, nephews, and great-nieces and great-nephews. She doesn't miss a birthday or any important event that concerns any of them. Aunt Kimmie is always on the front row with her camera. She preserves all of the important events in our family with her pictures. Now, I come to the part of this blog where I am asking you to pray for Kim. She is in constant pain, sometimes not able to stand up straight, she walks with her cane, she has no saliva to aid her swallowing so choking is frequent for her, she has difficulty sleeping and many nights she only sleeps a few house intermittently and then sleeps a few hours after daybreak. She is going to be very mad at me for writing this blog but I see her suffering. I see her trying to cover it up and extend her strength way beyond all endurance. I see her comforting people who are suffering from illness or grief and never letting on about her own condition. For all of these reasons I salute her and glory in her spunk. So, I am still wearing my purple bracelet, and praying many prayers to God every day for her and I ask that of you whoever you are that may be reading this blog right now. God has brought her this far and He will not desert her now. Prayers for strength, comfort and peace are what I ask for and I know that He is listening for my prayers and your prayers because we all know for a fact that God is good - all the time.

No comments: