Today is a RED LETTER DAY for me. Why, you say? Because today is the day that Annita Lynn Cline Maddux came into my life. Her birthday is a very special day for me. My first born. My baby girl. A gift that has been cherished for all of my life. Special does describe her as well as my feeling for her. She has always assumed the role of helper, encourager, manager, multi-tasker and with a loving, charitable, benevolent personality. She is always "there" when you need her doing whatever it takes to get the task performed or to help soothe the situation if it needs a caring word or deed. Oh yes, she has a few of her father's traits and can be bossy and impatient but she also has his loving ways also. I will claim a few of her personality traits also because she does her best to keep peace when dissention might arise in any circumstance. In that way I believe she has the Libra sign going for her. To be a little more personal I will say that she breezed through school with good grades, entered into every aspect of social activities and athletic cheerleading for her junior and high school years, she met the love of her life at high school and married Ray Maddux after she completed one year of college at Lipscomb (on the Dean's List I might add) and she has been his perfect help-mate for many years. Her children and grandchildren are her delight and she is theirs. Her church is where she is grounded in her spirituality and she has many friends among the congregation. I can say that Nita has always been a joy to me. She has never caused me to worry about her integrity or what she will do in certain situations. I always know that she will handle everything as it says in the Bible "with decency and in order". Nita is not here in Hendersonville for me to hug her and wish her Happy Birthday in person because she is in East Tennessee with Drew, Tara and the children at a basketball tournament, so I will just have to write my wishes and write my love and hug her extra tight when she comes home and she, her sisters and I celebrate with lunch and gifts. I am blessed to be able to claim Annita for my daughter and thank God every day that He trusted her
to Billy and my care. She is truly evidence that God is good - all the time.
Thursday, December 29, 2011
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANNITA CLINE MADDUX
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment